ೄྀ࿐ Time’s Magazine’s Top 100 Photos of 2021 (Reflection) ˊˎ-

Link ➛ https://time.com/6123078/top-100-photos-2021/?classId=47d753c8-2cbd-4b69-b25d-ddd33b949b88&assignmentId=683dbd65-ee2d-4eb0-91ac-9c010506c6ba&submissionId=37ea0515-ae33-058f-a9a7-37880975b54b

Photo by: Hector Vivas – Getty Images

Why this photography had a huge impact on me is that the world isn’t always a beautiful place to be. What I mean is having no natural disasters and accidents all the time would be a dream come true. But this photograph speaks a lot. Having to watch the city from far away and not acknowledging the subway trains right below the wonderful view is heartbreaking to see. This brought to my emotions in a heartbreaking way bringing myself to so many questions needed to answer. Like, what happened? What was the caused for this happening? Was the highway getting old and just decided to collapse during the night-time? How many people survived this or tragically died? This incident wasn’t brought to my attention during 2021. During the time between (2020-2021) it was by far the worst years for many people worldwide. Like people suffered with Covid-19, worried about their family members getting ill, in a hurry by stocking up supplies if supermarkets closed especially toilet paper, staying at home for as long as you can be, and wars happening.

Photo by: Nanna Heitmann – Magnum Photos

This photograph had an impact in me because at any given moment around the world there can be such a beautiful moment like this but don’t know the meaning behind it. I have two assumptions for the lone pup just standing their alone. The wolf is ready to embrace the cold wilderness without anyone’s guidance. Or, looking for their parents under the bright light finding its path towards them.

Photo by: Tamir Kalifa – The New York Times/Redux

The meaning behind this photograph is what happened during one of many problems that happened all over the world during 2021 or 2020. In Texas, there was a horrible snowstorm that caused electricity to shut down for good (a part of Texas). This impact me because I feel ill that parents, families, kids, and pets had to find warmth to take shelter. Trying not to embrace the cold. A lot of footage was surrounded in many social medias. Especially on TikTok. A guy in this photograph, who is in his car finds light and shelter better than his house or apartment, away from danger. People couldn’t believe this was happening in Texas. Many were devastated and others not so much.